Songwriting Workshop 101
Registration is $50.00 for the workshop (includes lunch).
To reserve a seat, click here.
Songwriting Workshop Overview
May 6, 2017
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
At The Stage and Studio Cafe / 25 E. Main St. / Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
The purpose of this workshop is to give anyone interested in learning more about songwriting the opportunity to hear teaching (via Skype) from one of the best teachers on songwriting – Robert Sterling (producer of Point of Grace, The Talleys and others.)
It doesn’t matter what level of experience you have, whether you have never written a song or you’ve been writing for years, you will benefit from this experienced writer and teacher.
Enjoy 2 hours of teaching, eat lunch and end with the experience of hearing 3 songs critiqued by a music industry professional (via Skype) from Nashville.
ARRIVAL / Meet other attendees: 9:00
Teaching: 9:15 – 11:30
Lunch: 11:30 – 12:00
SKYPE WITH ED KEE: (Critique session) – 12:00 – 1:00
$50.00 fee per person
- Teaching by Robert Sterling (via Skype)
- 3 songs critiqued in front of the group for learning purposes (1st 3 to register, send a lyric sheet and recording of their song – piano/vocal or guitar/vocal is all that’s necessary.)
What to bring:
- If you are one of the first 3 to register and have sent a lyric sheet and recording to be critiqued, please bring copies of the lyric sheet for the group to see and a recording so we can hear it before Ed critiques the song.
- Open heart and mind. It can be a daunting experience to hear a critique of what you’ve created, but it’s one of the best ways I know to grow as a songwriter, so come with thick skin and open mind.
Meet Ed Kee:
• As Producer or Executive Producer, managed the conception, development and production of hundreds of recording and publishing projects for major Christian music record labels and publishing companies resulting in gold and platinum sales awards, and consistent “Top Selling” product across all genres.
•A 5-time Dove Award nominee, – received (2) gold records, (4) platinum videos and (7) gold videos in recognition of my work as a songwriter and producer
• A featured speaker, clinician and panelist at numerous song-writing seminars and music industry gatherings
•Written over 250 songs and 25 musicals which have been sung and performed throughout the world
•Musical work has been performed at The White House
•Member of the NSAI Legislative Task Force responsible for informing Tennessee Legislators of copyright and intellectual property issues affecting the nation’s songwriters (especially songwriters in Nashville)
Specialties: Copyright and Intellectual Property
Songwriting (Conference speaker/panelist, song critiques)
The Business side of the Music Business